Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two days of no reward


Bao Loc – 4 August 2011

Well after all my hard effort of climbing and looking forward to an awesome descent nothing really eventuated.  There were some small stretches of descending but the roads were shocking all ripped up with potholes everywhere and a headwind to ruin the joys of descending.  The rest of the day all I did was climb up seemingly endless annoying small hills.  Hoping tomorrow will bring something more exciting.

Dau Giay – 5 August 2011

Still no decent descent.  The best I got was 10km on the only stretch of smooth road.  As soon as the hill ended it was straight onto bumpy, ripped up road with potholes all over it.  More annoying climbing up shallow graded hills that just play mind games with you as every time you approach the crest it just continues for a bit longer.  Somehow I managed to slowly lose altitude because it had become hot again.  The last two days have been some of the worst.  Just slogging out the k’s and getting no proper reward for the 1600m odd of climbing I did to get up to Da Lat.  Felt all a bit deflated.
The start of my 10km descent 
down through the fog.

My last night before HCM City and I got an internal box along the main highway to sleep in.  Just to top things off thought a bit of Spider Solitaire would help entertain and relax me...  Worst losing streak ever – 19 games before I cracked it! More deflated, but I did laugh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment